Saturday, March 9, 2013

Letting God Down

I'm having one of those days.

It's one of those days where Satan is screaming at me with all his might, trying to drown out God's voice.

Because of some things that happened recently, I feel like I've been a big disappointment to God.  I let myself get sucked back into a situation because I still hadn't completely let go of what I wanted.  I saw it coming.  I had a bad feeling...and that feeling was correct.  I'm angry at myself.  I'm angry at this person.  And I feel like a total failure.

Now I need to move beyond the anger and the hurt.  I asked a friend today how I could move beyond feeling like I've let God down.  This is what she told me: "Have you asked the Lord's forgiveness? We all fail the Lord so many times every day without even thinking about it...We fall so short.  Your "failure" isn't great than any others.  It just makes His grace even that much more wonderful! :)"

I had so much regret that I hadn't even considered asking God for forgiveness.  So  I did and I'm also asking Him for His peace and for Him to free me from the bonds of this situation.  I'm so glad that when I fail - His wonderful grace covers us.



Proverbs 31 Ministries has made a huge impact in my life lately.  Today they posted this image...it always seems that just when I need it, God uses them to speak to my heart.



If I allowed Satan's words to drown out the voice of God, I could easily become dictated by these feelings of failure that he has been trying to plant in my life.  Praise the Lord for powerful words of wisdom!  Those feelings were an indicator that I needed to seek forgiveness with God, not a dictator of my life.

Recently this was posted through the online Bible study I have been participating in:


If it's not God's voice then I don't need to listen to it!  

I'm still learning and growing.  My walk with God won't be complete until the day I go to be with Him.  Praise the Lord for His goodness and mercy!





No comments:

Post a Comment